Wall Street Down, SEO Up: 7 Reasons Why
Wall Street, Utah by mandj98.
That's why I don't read the papers at first in the morning, usually they ruin your day. Now Wall Street is down, Banks crumble and US capitalism turns to US "statism" as capitalism seemingly only works as long it's subsidized by the state in most cases.
Now all of this talk about slow economy etc. has been around for a while and haven't slowed down one part of the world economy, yes, right, the SEO industry or more broadly the search marketing business. It will stay that way again, and I will tell you why: I will come up with 7 reasons why what's bad for Wall Street is good for SEO:
- Most SEO companies' shares do not get traded on Wall Street ;-)
- Most big companies will end up having less money for ad spending. As most people don't click on these immensely expensive TV ads and those TV ads are more expensive than online campaigns but offer no measurable ROI, people will turn to more viable alternatives (hint: Internet, search, SEO)
- People don't click on newspaper and magazine ads either, less newspapers and magazines means more Internet business as people will turn to the Net when seeking news. What do the news websites need? SEO maybe?
- When big businesses fail, the people who worked there do not disappear, they may end up unemployed but the smarter ones start their own business. Nowadays eventually many of them start Internet businesses (in fact in the 21st century it's a real trend ;-). These people need what? Yes, they need some SEO for their sites.
- When businesses fail people still have to eat, buy clothing and other things they need. So these people have less money: Thus they turn to the Interwebs to check out all those pesky shopping search engines those evil SEOs have set up.
- Finally some Americans might consider not taking the car to Wall Mart to buy products Made in China due to still high gas prices and empty pockets. They might research the Web for someone who delivers groceries and other stuff to their doorsteps. Those delivery services won't be all in China, some of them will be from the US. What will those delivery services need? Websites! Competitive websites! Hey Frank, our web designer tells me we need this "SEO" thing.
- Some of you might argue that all the unemployed bankers and former insurance agents now will turn to the Web to find self-employment as "SEO experts". Yes, this might be true, it's also true though that you won't end up as an expert over night being able to do SEO for highly competitive markets. So who you gonna call? Webmasters? No, you will call the long standing SEO specialists who do not only claim to be experts but are acclaimed as such.
Hell, I'm so damn optimistic these days. It might be due to the fact that since the fall of the new economy back in 2000 I do not
invest in gamble with shares anymore or that I'm in Germany but overall I trust the growing demand for SEO services, which no wall or street can stop, it's virtual. It's real nonetheless.