Modern SEO Forums Alternatives
People on SEO forums are often
- problem instead of solution oriented
- often spread rumors
- regurgitate old news.
I’d rather prefer the cutting edge stuff. Also there are plenty of faster, more reliable and more advanced solutions out there.
To show you what great SEO forums alternatives there are, I just collected some of them:
- Ning Communities, offering closed and open forums with collective blogs and many other community Web 2.0 like extras, there are a few, I participated in a closed regularly until it was abandoned for good by the admin. Ning is a paid service by now.
- Google+ communities offering topical news sharing. The news sharing works fine, debates remain largely unnoticed though unless there are really huge.
- Google Groups are making discussions and knowledge sharing easy
- LinkedIn Groups, taking out the anonymity out of forums, many people have had success with them
- Facebook Groups, connecting with peers in similar manner to LinkedIn but with more features and potential members, organize where you’re already at
Which one of them do you use and prefer? What do you use them for? Or do you still resort to old school SEO forums and let newbies flame you?
Last updated July 27th, 2015.