How to Write for Subscribers: 10 Rules of Advanced Blogging
Now that the SEO 2.0 blog has reached a critical mass of over 1000+ subscribers (more like 1100 now) it's time to change my writing and content creation strategy. Indeed I already did. Did you notice?
What is the difference between blogging for the social media audience, the casual search visitors and your subscribers?
Well, there are plenty. Thus I introduce you to 10 rules of blog writing for your subscriber base:
- Do not start at zero each time, follow up.
- Be less spectacular and more in depth
- Be more niche oriented instead of too broad
- Describe advanced techniques not basics
- Stay away from topics covered everywhere
- Add value to news and new developments
- Write shorter posts, which are easier digestible
- Spend more time writing, less promoting (you don't need it anymore)
- Be more choosy, 10 are better than 100 resources to sift through
- Venture outside the box, surprise your regular readers
In fact regular readers, returning visitors and subscribers have read many of your blog postings already, they know the area you cover and they know you so keep those tips in mind in order not to bore your subscriber base.