Guest Blogging Guidelines
Popular link building techniques get exploited or even abused and thus Google has to react. I've seen more and more of such cases with the recently hugely popular guest blogging. Thus you have to abide by these guidelines to get a post published on SEO 2.0:
- You choose the topic and suggest it to me, you don't send me an already written post.
- I take a look at your idea and tell you to go for it.
- I will suggest small improvements to your post and ask you to make them or for permission to implement them myself.
- The post will be exclusively posted on my blog, not on 300 other blogs. I may remove posts duplicated elsewhere.
- Don't add more than two of your own links in the guest post. One in the bio below and/or one in the introduction on top.
- You may add more links to other resources though elsewhere on the Web
- Keyword rich anchor text links allowed in the bio below like "John Doe of X, an <link>SEO</a> company from Y", but not not in the intro on top.
- I may add internal links to older postings of mine to your post.
- No payment is involved as I don't sell "paid links".
- Only one guest post per week gets published, so you may have to wait in line.
- I reserve the right to decline publishing your post but I haven't done that very often in the last 5 years.
- The post will get published when I decide to publish it. It won't appear instantly, so you may have to wait a few days or even weeks.
- You may remind me that I haven't published your post yet but please not more than once a week.