Google Suggest Effects on SEO, Search Usage and Business
Who the hell is the Gossip Girl?
Google Suggest, a former Google Labs feature, that offers searchers possible search queries based on the number of searches and results, has been rolled out. Ever since the SEO community has provided plentiful of possible effects that it will have on SEO or more broader search usage and business.
I haven’t made up my mind yet on that and time will show the effects, but I enjoyed the ideas my blogging colleagues had on Google Suggest’s impact, particularly these 7 predictions:
- How Google Suggest Changes SEO | SoloSEO Blog
- Google Suggest – Long Tail Killer Or New Opportunity? – 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Blogs
- Free SEO Tips for Google Search Suggest : SEO Book.com
To sum it up, Google Suggest does:
- Change searchers behavior towards pre-chosen keyword combinations and intercept the searcher before s/he even clicks on a search result
- It makes people search more words at a time
- It makes reputation management much more difficult e.g. suggesting “obama muslim”
- The long tail gets canalized, a few terms become more common whereas a large number becomes less visible
- People use less misspellings and typos
- There is much opportunity and there are new market niches here
Thanks people for your ideas. I assume that Google Suggest has a very big impact on daily business, not only in SEO. This is a significant influence just like with Universal Search which is basically the new norm already.