Google Clean Up of Fakes: 10 Most Likely Ban Candidates
Fake breasts by magnopere.
Reports pour in that Google plans to clean up the web of fakes which are publicized to gain attention and links. Google “Head of Spam” Matt Cutts has been cited as saying that
Google will “penalize” websites that use fakes or lies for gaining popularity.
To support Google in this truly important fight against evil on the Web I collected the 10 most likely ban candidates to get the Google death penalty.
I think you will agree with most of them. Also you will surely understand that I can’t link to these fake sites directly in order not to face a penalty myself. Here they are:
- Whitehouse.gov for WMDs in Iraq
- Scientology.org for saying they are a “church”
- RIAA.com for feigning they support music
- Microsoft.com for making you click “Start” when you want to actually switch off Windows
- Parishilton.com for the fake breasts
- Banksy.co.uk for or entering Museums and leaving his works there
- Perezhilton.com for the Castro is dead story
- Borat for misrepresenting Kazakhstan and faking anti-Borat compaigns like stopborat.com
- Mahalo.com for selling a web directory as a “Web 3.0″ “human powered search engine”
- Apple.com for making people believe they are about apples
I’m afraid this site won’t get banned for technical reasons so I did not add it to the list, still I think it’s a good candidate:
Google.com for faking a “do no evil” policy while working together with the CIA and the regime in China.
Do you know any other sites capitalizing on fakes to get banned by Google?