Bloggers Block? How about Inspiration Overflow!
Many bloggers write about the so called bloggers block. It's a situation where a blogger just does not know what to write or lacks the motivation to do so. I have a different problem most of the time, it's the exact opposite of bloggers block, I like to call it "inspiration overflow".
Basically it's about having too many ideas and wanting to write all the time. I just can't handle it.
I have right now at least 5 already researched articles in my to-do list, I just have to write them down, at least another 5 loom in my head.
I blog too much. I even neglect my job and my family. As SEO 2.0 does not earn money directly right now I have to limit it for now, until I can give it a real boost (probably when I scared away most of my clients).
So how to deal with inspiration overflow? Or rather why is inspiration overflow a problem in the first place?
- You can't shovel your readers more than 2, 3 articles down the throat per day, it's too much to swallow, most of them will be overlooked
- More information is less information. Too much info becomes noise, the reader can't deal with it
- Readers will have the impression than you choose quantity over quality on your blog
- People won't comment anymore because their comments would end up too far down to be noticed
So what can you do about it:
- Collect links and ideas and sift through them afterwards, only the best should be selected then
- If you have ten instances of something you want to present, just wait for the next ten and write about 20 reasons to do something instead of 10
- Give away ideas that you can't handle anymore or even sell them (I also have at least 5 start up ideas right now, who wants one?)
- Share your problem with the blog community, they will ridicule you and you will feel better afterwards
- Delete the bookmarks you already researched and hope that you don't find the lins again
- Tell your girlfriend that your computer is more important to you than she is, she probably will get furious like hell, and then you can't go on writing because otherwise she'll leave you!
- Offend and annoy your readers, they will flame back at you so you won't like to face them again too soon
So what do you think you lazy bloggers block bastards? Not enough ideas punks?! I got dozens of them and look down on you! Coming up:
- Top 10 RSS Feed Icons
- I'm #1 for "I hate Matt Cutts"
- 20 Ways to Get Legit Paid Links Without Getting Penalized (almost done)
- 10 Outstanding SEO Blogs that Hide in the Bushes
- 7 Must Read SEO+Design+Usability Articles
And many, many others...
Do you want more? If yes clap your hands and shout S - E - O - 2 - 0! Come on! Which upcoming post do you want to read first?