Are You SEO 2.0 Enough to Join Our Mixx Group?
Sadly I had to reject more and more potential SEO 2.0 group members over at Mixx.
People apply for membership to our group with no or even worse bad credentials. Now I don't use crude neologisms like SEO spammers but if you want to join us at SEO 2.0 you at least have to know what social media is and how it works. The SEO 2.0 group is on the cutting edge of social media and using it for the benefit of the services, readers and marketers alike. To keep the explanations simple:
You can't use a place for your own reputation and advancement if you mess it up.
More than that if you do some Wack Hat SEO that potentially will hurt the image of all SEOs on Mixx I'll be the first to report you, vote you down and ridicule you.
So if you want our SEO 2.0 group at Mixx, which by now has 120 members already you better:
- Use an actual name instead of calling yourself seocompanywhatever
- Add a short snippet about you instead of writing "SEO services India" as your description.
- Do not submit only your site/s as your only few posts. Show that you're not an ego-king and you're able to find stuff that might be of actual use and interest for others.
- Make sure not to join more 10 marketing groups at once from the start. Do focus on quality not quantity or I won't expect you to take part actively in SEO 2.0. Our group is not a link dump.
- Stay away from all of these "12 Karma points" or "6 Karma points" users. The Mixx team might tolerate it but I'm not stupid and I see that all of your low quality posts get 90 votes unlike breaking news which get just get 50. Socialize with real users you share interests with. Instead of befriending every noob for vote exchange. Do not even think about creating fake users. I can smell them from miles away.
- Vote for some stories first before applying to the group. If you vote crap up the same rule applies as in #3: You're not SEO 2.0
- Add an avatar so that we know that you are serious about creating some value instead of just dropping in without even investing 3 minutes into your profile.
- Give first before receiving. Below 50 Karma Points you're not even really on Mixx.
- Use the name you use elsewhere on social media so that I know who you are and what kind of involvement in social media I can expect from you.
- Understand that SEO 2.0 is about sharing, value, reputation and authority not quick gain. If you just look for traffic you're wrong on Mixx anyways.
#1 - #3 are really knock out criteria. I won't pollute our group with people who do not care for anything else besides their own website and business. If you have nothing to offer keep away off my backyard. If you aren't web and social media savvy enough to fulfill these very basic requirements you are probably wrong at our SEO 2.0 group. You should try Learning SEO Basics instead for a few months. SEO 2.0 is about advanced social SEO.