7 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
Good bloggers take part in memes. I try to be a good blogger so I'm glad I'm part of a meme again, last few times I was asked I was too busy. Sorry people! I appreciate the love silently nonetheless.
The current meme is the seemingly never dying 7 things you (probably) didn't know about me that is spreading across the Web for some time. Thanks to my online buddy Gregor Spowart of Mass Media Design "A website design and internet marketing company".
- When I was a kid I was an illegal immigrant (from Poland to Germany shortly after the martial law there was lifted). I had seen tanks standing in the streets of Warsaw back then.
- I was a rapper as a youth, I specialized in freestyle battles. Freestyle rap is rapping from the top of the head finding rhymes as you go instead having a prewritten text. The guy I hung out with has become Germany's most famous hip hop DJ since then.
- I was officially homeless at 20 for two weeks and lived in a homeless shelter (which was very high standard by the way).
- I started writing a Sci-Fi novel in 1995 and stopped after 20 pages, it dealt with the Internet but I have never been online until 97.
- I used to be an improv player for more than two years. Improv as in improvisational theatre.
- I was laid off during the burst of the new economy bubble in 2002.
Now that I think of it my life wasn't that boring. This is just a part of the interesting things that I did or happened to me. So do you still like me, a former "bum" ;-) Well, in fact I wasn't homeless for real like people sleeping on the street.
Anyways here are the rules of the 7 unknown things meme:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post. (see above)
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post. (see above)
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. (see below)
- Let them know they’ve been tagged. (you’ll just have to trust trackbacks and such)
So I have to find 7 people who still haven't take part, and whose dirty secrets I want to expose. That's not that easy. OK, let's try:
- Wiep of Wiep.net
- Steven of Traffikd
- Marty of AimClear
- Kevin of SEOptimise
- Lyndon of Cornwallseo.com
- James of Online Marketing Banter
- Roger of on.eti.me