7 Great 2.0 SEO Forums Alternatives
People on SEO forums are inaccurate, rude, problem instead of solution oriented and often spread rumors as well as old news. I'd rather prefer the cutting edge stuff. Also there are plenty of faster, more reliable and more advanced solutions out there.
To show you what great SEO forums alternatives there are, I just collected 7 of them:
- Ning Communities, offering closed and open forums with collective blogs and many other community Web 2.0 like extras, there are a few, I participated in a closed regularly until it wasabandoned for good by the admin. Ning is a paid service by now.
- Mixx Groups offering topical news sharing, forums. The news sharing works fine, discussions remain largely unnoticed though
- FriendFeed Rooms, accelerating communications and making them almost chat like, just joined a few rooms, SEM e.g. and SphinnZone and created one for SEO 2.0 (search marketers are very fragmented there as of now it seems)
- Google Groups are making discussions and knowledge sharing easy
- LinkedIn Groups, taking out the anonymity out of forums, many people have had success with them
- Facebook Groups, connecting with peers in similar manner to LinkedIn but with more features and potential members, organize where you're already at
- Wetpaint Wikis, combining a knowledge base with discussions, this popular Wiki solution, I created a Wiki for SEO 2.0 which hasn't taken off yet but I will use it to build up a SEO 2.0 knowledge base
Which one of them do you use and prefer? What do you use them for? Or do you still resort to old school SEO forums and let newbies flame you?
Last updated November 17th, 2010.