7 Autopilot Link Building Techniques
The most important thing in SEO 2.0 is to stop “link building” and to start “getting links”.
Link building will always be artificial to some extent whereas when you get links from people who link you voluntarily these links will always be natural.
You have to provide incentives for other people to link to you.
Here are 7 autopilot link building techniques that make you get links actually:
- Providing outstanding content like big resources lists, unseen images or free stuff
- Being easily linkable, linking the headlines (some blogs do not even have “permalinks” for postings)
- Being at the right place and the right time (discovering and covering popular topics at a given moment)
- Socializing with engagers and connectors (bloggers, geeks, marketers etc.) on Twitter e.g.
- Linking out for others to notice you, especially other bloggers, rather new bloggers than the giants
- Using Pinterest and other image bookmarking sites, as these bookmarks will appear on blogs and spread automatically
- Using striking headlines and images as eye catchers otherwise outstanding content won’t stand out enough
This post was originally a reply to an email by Gyutae Park who inspired me to add my 2 Cents about link building.
Last updated. February 27th, 2017.