10 Things You Love about Iran
[List updated with your submissions!]
If you listen to western media you tend to believe that people in Iran
- hate Jews
- kill homosexuals
- oppress women
- want to destroy Israel and Europe with nuclear weapons
- are all armed and fanatical
Even educated and so called open minded people in the western hemisphere believe that crap. I do not and I condemn any future plans of waging war against Iran.
I do not want to talk about politics though, I want you, the Iranian people visiting my blog in large numbers to tell me what you love most about Iran! As a true cosmopolitan I already have noted the first 3 things I love about Iran myself:
- The art and design,
- The ancient history
- The mystic Sufi tradition
- Poetry and literature, especially by Molavi
- Iranian Food
- Nature (flora and fauna) and landscape, especially mountains
- World’s first human rights declaration 2500 years ago!
- Faithful, Peace-loving, hospitable and generous people
- Classic Iranian music
- Wonderful Persian bloggers
- and many, many more, just read the incredible comments!
So you only need to add 7 more!
Thanks to everybody for adding as many things you love about Iran! Of course 10 are not enough so I had to choose those most common and easily understandable for the international public…