Non-Profit SEO Resources
Non-profit SEO was on my mind for some time at least as long as I have known the Graphic Alliance, a social designers network of companies and individuals dedicated to social campaigns, non-profit advertising and media activism.
SEO for non-profits is by now a popular concept as I found out doing a little research on Google.
Some of the best industry names come up. There are several resources and examples that might be a good start if you're from a non-profit and are looking for SEO services. Some consultants and companies even offer discounts or special offers for non-profits, but that's not all, just check my list:
- Get your non-profit PPC campaign financed by Google: The Google Grants Program: Click Here For Charity
- The Charity SEO Book is a comprehensive SEO guide for non-profits by Aaron Wall, one of the most renowned SEO specialist (full disclosure: I am an affiliate of his site)
- SEO at Grassroots.org "a nonprofit organization that brings emerging technologies to communities across the world": The Nonprofit SEO Guide
- seononprofit.com offers a free fundraising guide [PDF link] for beginners
- Michael Stein has a similar focus in his non-profit technology blog: Organic Non-profit SEO
- apogee results outlines the SEO friendly information architecture for a non-profit site
- Virginia Nussey of Bruce Clay Inc. highlights a water related non-profit SEO project and its objectives she works on
- SEO.com, one of my favorite SEO companies (full disclosure: I recently joined their affiliate program) encourages engagement for non-profits in the SEO industry
So you see: SEO is not evil as people who hate SEO assume. Those people offend me even without checking out my site or knowing who I am. I already optimized websites about eco homes or solar energy. Currently I work for a big bike manufacturer selling 50k affordable bicycles a year.
First published September 17th, 2007. Republished (complete overhaul, removed 6 links, added 5 new ones) October 15th, 2010. Last updated: February 14th, 2013.